Saturday, May 4, 2013

Matter of Trust (Billy Joel)

Lately I have been steeped in what they call positive action. Yesterday I sent out a lot of book pitches to various stores. Will they take my book? Hell if I know. Oh and the one guy from the one store I am dealing with is out of town. Another woman I am dealing with is on medical leave. What do you say when someone is on medical leave? That is a tricky one. And then a third person is busy as hell and I have to chase her down.

My book angst situation has been cleared up however. The VP of my publishing house is such a nice lady and is pushing for me. I am feeling okay about my book being in more databases. I just hope people start reading it.

I have also been trying to get press for my book signing at Brown. This will be exciting because it will be both my sister Brenna (alias Skipper) and myself signing our prospective works.

My body hurts. I have been running around all week hoping something pops. There is so much I still have to do and I feel drained. My legs are cramping up too. Last night I got onstage and it went well. I have been getting up a lot more these days just to get up. I have dropped my ego. For now at least. It is getting me no where and gets no work done. I don't have to tell everyone who I think I am. I know who I am and that's all that matters.

In this journey where fear and faith are often strange bedfellows I know I will be okay. It is work. No one ever said this was going to be easy. But I have a book. I have book signings. I have an audiobook that is soon to drop. And oh soon I will be available worldwide.

Cramps, headaches, tired, and sore throat are gonna go. I'm gonna be fine, just fine.


Love
April
I Came, I Saw, I Sang: Memoirs of a Singing Telegram Delivery Girl
Paperback available on Amazon and 877-Buy-Book
E-Book available on Kindle and Nook
Audiobook available on itunes and Audible this Spring
www.youtube.com/aprilthestarr
Portion of proceeds go to Greenpeace

No comments:

Post a Comment