Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hypnotic Tango (My Mine)

I haven't blogged in a minute because things have been busy. Valentine's Day was busy, and then the week afterwards we had some deliveries moved because of the storm. I actually ended up working more. On top of that, someone close to me is going through some stuff. I don't want to say who or what but it has made me worry about them in a way I haven't in a while. It has also torn open and put acid on a lot of old wounds that I thought were healed. Maybe we never heal, I dunno.

I have been feeling the Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities. It has literally been the best of times and the worst of times. The worst of times because all this old crappola is making me go apeshit crazy at times. The best of times because a lot of my dreams are coming true. I am set to tape my DVD at the Metropolitan Room in NYC on April 22nd. Additionally, I am set to headline a theatre in Long Island in May. A major publication might be doing a story on me. Oh, and a project I am affiliated with got some great news. Much of this news is not just due to the great team I have been working with, but because of my writing. My writing kind of inspired this project and has been very instrumental in opening the doors. Oh, and I am working with the awesome peeps at Gotham Comedy Foundation.

I have been really tired lately. Almost as if I am taffy pulled in several different directions. However it is good. Rent will be paid without a hitch. I am doing what I love. Things are happening. I am happy for others.

Lately I have been feeling like I want to date again. I just don't have the courage to do it. I just don't have the time. I remember every relationship I have ever been in has ended badly. One ex went crazy, the other's current wife or whatever the hell that creature is went crazy. They all go crazy. I say please God send me a Prince. And then a frog comes hopping by. I say, "Fuck no. I am not kissing that foul thing."

So now I have to get back onstage to prepare for my shows, clean my apartment, and change my underwear. Any questions.

Love
April
www.aprilbrucker.com
I Came, I Saw, I Sang: Memoirs of a Singing Telegram Delivery Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment