Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Cleaning

They say everything you need is in front of you. That applies in two instances: one, meditation. Two, spring cleaning. Yes, I am cleaning my apartment so I can BREATHE. Man, I have outfits that I couldn’t remember where I put them. It’s crazy how that just happens automatic like that. I am already starting to feel better. With the polar vortex I picked up a lot of depression and a lot of dirt.

Lately a lot has been going through my mind. I don’t know what the fuck I am supposed to be doing with myself. When I first came to New York I wanted to be an actress and nothing else. Yeah, I wanted to do ventriloquism and write my own shit. Then I got pulled into comedy and spent my weekends on the road seeing a lot of places and meeting a lot of people. After which I became a reality TV star and a talking head online getting a somewhat nice following. Then I wrote a book and published in some cool places. I have been all over the map. I don’t know where to go next or to return to a previous destination.

I am having doors open in a few different mediums. Two are nice deals, one is with ventriloquism and the other is with the singing telegram stuff. The third is with my writing. Oh and then I am doing more standup again. I had management several years ago and did better when I dumped them. Then I had a few misses. Again, I don’t know what to do next.

Either way the closet is clean(er) and there is food in the refrigerator. At least those basics are covered. Sigh, now to do my shoes
Love

April
I Came, I Saw, I Sang: Memoirs of a Singing Telegram Delivery Girl
www.aprilbrucker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment