Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hate Mail

This exchange comes from Todd J. Zimmerman. I don't know how he became a facebook friend of mine but this was completely unprompted in response to my book. Apparently, he runs a website for discount lawyers. They say you get what you pay for, remember that when the judge reads the guilty verdict. Anyway, he slammed my little book. I Came, I Saw, I Sang: Memoirs of a Singing Telegram Delivery Girl, is a good little book. I already have someone slamming my good little book and it hasn't even been on sale for even twenty four hours.

I smell a best seller and millions of dollars.

This was our exchange

Todd J. Zimmerman:
Why the fuck should I care about that? (Referring to I Came, I Saw, I Sang)  I rather invest my money in a cheap hooker. I'll wait a month until it's in the clearance bin at K-mart. Oh wait, I'm too rich to shop at K-mart.

Hmmmm........Now I did nothing to this man and he felt the need to send me hate mail. So rather than practice restraint of pen and tongue which I probably should have, I responded. It wasn't out of hate, but rather because this is the closest he probably gets to a real woman being a discount lawyer who uses cheap hookers.

My response:
 Thank you for your love and support. While you might rather spend your money abusing a sex worker that is your choice. After all, it is the closest you will ever get to a woman. And for the record, my publishing house doesn't sell to Kmart. However, I could recommend someone who has some nice picture books for a man of your superior intellect.

For the record, I see you don't own a television. Otherwise you would know I am much too important to be talking to you. Wait, why am I talking to you? You're right, why would you five a fuck about my book? You barely even read, xo

Then I blocked him. Ordinarily I don't respond but I couldn't resist. My book is a good little book. Hate mail here we come. Don't be afraid to send xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment