Saturday, January 28, 2012

Endings and Beginnings


I have recently ended my affiliation with YouNow.com. There can be plenty said about what transpired, why I left, and there are plenty of people vocal about it all. Truth is, my schedule was just filling up. It was starting to be busy season with the singing telegrams, plus I am getting ready to publish a book, and not to mention I am pitching a project in H-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D.

Despite the fact I am leaving I have nothing bad to say about Adi or the people who run younow. If anything they have given me a chance to fulfill my dream of becoming a talk show host. For so long I wanted to do it and even hosted extensively on cable access as a kid. Now here I was on an actual station doing it for real. I was a part of Tech Crunch Disrupt which was amazing. In addition I got to make some amazing new friends and met artists that were so talented they made my head spin. In addition I got the strength to do things I never thought I could do. I not only began singing live but even recorded a single that I am soon dropping. Not to mention I started not just doing puppets and comedy for teen audiences but found my voice as an activist. I spoke out not just against bullying, domestic violence, hate crimes but on behalf of those living with HIV/AIDS.

Because of my time on younow I found the courage to make more youtube videos. I also found the courage to write and publish a book. Not to mention the courage to become so much more than a puppeteer and reality starlette. I found myself as a part of a community with a great many people that I adore and made friends and fans around the world.

I will miss my friends, my fans, the element of a live broadcast. I will also miss doing my show every Sunday. But over the last nine months I have grown in  faith in so many different ways. I don’t know what’s next for me as far as the book, the show and the single go. However, I know that because of the love I receive on younow and the courage to find my voice and wings it will be good.

And who’s to say a few months down the line I might not stop in and say hi.

Love,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment